What you should know and what to avoid
Major consideration in selecting a mover:
- Charges may vary during peak periods.
- Peak periods may differ from different countries.
- Peak periods in Western countries falls between November-January. Peak periods in Australia falls between November-January.
- Proper insurance coverage by movers are preferred in case of any damages on your items during transportation.
- Pre-plan the placement of your items (couch, entertainment system) in the new location to maximise the space in your new location.
- Charges will be slightly higher during peak periods.
- The peak period for Western countries fall between May-August, as it is the summer time and the most preferred moving period.
- The peak period for Australia and New Zealand falls between November-January, as it is the summer time and the most preferred moving period.
- You will need to make sure your movers have the proper insurance coverage in case anything is damaged during transportation of goods.
- Preparing the floor plan includes planning the placement of your couch or your entertainment centre to fully maximize the amount of room in your new home.
- Decide on items to be moved and to be left behind. Segregate small/loose items at shelves/compartments in cabinets. Obtain some cartons from the friendly movers to ease this process. Every item has specific size of cartons to be put into. For example, there are special hanging cartons for clothes and cartons for golf bags.
- Switch off the refrigerator a day before the packing day to prevent any drips when it is packed.
- Drop off your children to your friend’s/neighbour’s house where they have some play area. And also very often children will miss theirs toys and will not bear to see them packed into cartons.
- Donate toys that are no longer played by your children to prevent clutter during moving.
- Your office mailing address should be changed immediately. Notify your clients on the fact that you are relocating your office to prevent future confusion. Also try to forward a mail to everyone just in case someone is left out.
- You should schedule for your utilities and services to be disconnected a day after you move to avoid any disruption to your business.
- Your will need to notify your employees about the new location and date to move in via a written memo to avoid any miscommunication.
Basic documents/contracts that we will provide:
- Moving contract
- Client’s questionnaire form
- Insurance form
- Documents with your shipping details and destination contract
- Customs form for shipments to the U.K, U.S.A, Australia, New Zealand and others countries.